Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a specialised form of massage, which has been developed and proven to promote the functioning and drainage of the lymphatic system, the body's own detoxification process.
I am trained in the Dr Vodder method of MLD, which involves very gentle, repetitive and soothing movement of the skin, to stimulate the lymphatic vessels.
This encourages the lymphatic system to naturally detoxify the body, rebalance fluids, promote the removal and elimination of waste products and dead cells.
MLD is used as an effective therapy for treating and managing both Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema (ie. fluid retention).
It can also be beneficial for people with Lipoedema, Lipo-Lymphoedema and conditions associated with poor circulation.
manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
what is MLD?
common conditions treated:
benefits and additional application:
● Aids recovery and healing when used pre and post-operative to surgery for (eg. cosmetic, general or orthopaedic procedures).
● Aids recovery post trauma (eg. falls and injuries involving torn ligaments, bruising, swelling and muscle strain).
● Helps manage (and can reduce) symptoms of long term, chronic conditions incl: fibromyalgia, sinusitis, chronic pain, rheumatoid arthritis)
● Helps reduce swelling and fluid retention (eg. swollen ankles, swollen legs and breasts - during pregnancy or cortisone therapy).
● Promotes healing of bruises, scars, wounds and burns, Generally enhances skin condition (ie. may reduce the appearance of stretch marks
● Aids in muscle renewal, stimulates, recovery and repair post training or in preparation for a sporting event.
● Can improve sleep and promote relaxation.
*If you are receiving active treatment for cancer or have a history of cancer / tumours we may require your doctors consent and guidance prior to planning your sessions.